There will be no Autumn Festival Afternoon Show in 2021
Prior to 2021
The afternoon Show will be held in the back garden of the Hoddington Arms. Click on Links, above for Hoddington Arms directions . The large Church Meadow, RG25 2RA opposite the Church, is available for free parking.
A fresh BBQ will be provided by Newlyn's Farm Shop.
Entries for the Show should be brought along between 12.30 and 2pm - when the marquee is open to the public to commence judging the various entry classes. All judging will be done by you (the attendees), using simple voting slips. When judging kids competitions you are encouraged to take account of their age which they may have written on their entry card.
Show entry classes will be
- Heaviest Pumpkin (weighed on a scale)
- Best carved / decorated / Pumpkin / Jack O' Lantern
- Best display of ornamental gourds
- Best decorated ornamental gourds
- Best Kids Halloween fancy dress (2.30 pm)
- Best Adult Halloween Fancy Dress (3.15 pm)
- Best Kids Silent Disco Dancer (3.30 pm)
- Best Guy Fawkes (A4 photo)
- Autumn paintings, sketches or handicrafts
Outside competitions will be
- Kids and Open conker competitions
- Snail Racing (first race 2.15 pm)
- Apple Bobbing
- Apple Peeling
- Pumpkin Bowling
- Guess the weight of a Pumpkin
There will also be a variety of Taste &/or Buy stalls featuring local produce from our fields, gardens, farms and kitchens.
The Snail races will commence at 2.15pm, the Halloween fancy dress competition will commence at 2.30pm and the silent Disco competition in the marquee at 3.30pm.
The winners will be announced and Cups and prizes awarded at 4pm.